How Much Can a RAM 1500 Tow?
Searching for a light-duty pickup truck with heavy-duty towing capabilities? Look no further than the 2019 RAM 1500! When it’s properly equipped with a HEMI® V8 engine, the RAM 1500 possesses a maximum towing capacity of 12,750 pounds, earning it the bragging rights of Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing*.
For the 2019 model year, the new RAM 1500 is bringing greater capabilities and improved fuel efficiency to the table, setting you up for more productive work days in Logansport. Explore the 2019 RAM 1500 towing capacity and more, below!
RAM 1500 Towing Capacities & Engine Specs
Rensselaer shoppers have a choice of three high-power engines for the 2019 RAM 1500. No matter which you choose, you’ll receive a Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission. Take a closer look at each engine’s specs:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque
- Generates 205 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque with a maximum towing capacity of 7,730 pounds.
Depending on which trim and engine you opt for, your payload capacity will range from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine
- Generates 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque with a maximum towing capacity of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® Engine with eTorque
- This engine generates the same horsepower and torque as the HEMI® V8 above, but with eTorque, your towing capacity is increased to 12,750 pounds.
RAM 1500 Towing Features
The RAM 1500 is built to allow drivers to haul everything from a camper to a trailer full of equipment through Monon, but it doesn’t manage this on engine power alone. This light-duty pickup is available with some of the best features you’ll find in its class to help you get the job done. Take a look at a few noteworthy examples:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: Working together with the eTorque mild hybrid system, the TorqueFlite® Transmission allows the RAM 1500 to earn an EPA-estimated 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: Stopping at a moment’s notice will be no problem thanks to the RAM 1500’s Largest-in-Class 14.9-inch brakes.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: When you upgrade your RAM 1500 to include this optional system, it will help you monitor your blind spots on the roads and highways of Brookston, all while taking your trailer length into account.
Get Behind the Wheel of a 2019 RAM 1500 at Twin Lakes Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram!
When you’re ready to experience the unstoppable power of a RAM 1500 for yourself, drop into Twin Lakes Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram for a test drive! During your test drive, you’ll have a chance to see how convenient interior features like Uconnect® can help you through your West Lafayette commute. You can also choose between the Crew cab vs. Quad cab, depending on your needs. If you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to contact us, and be sure to take a look at our new vehicle specials, including specs on the new 2020 Jeep Gladiator!
Dreaming of a new RAM 1500, but worried about a bad credit score? Don’t count yourself out! Consult our guide on how to secure financing with bad credit, play with our car payment calculator, then get in touch with our finance professionals to see how they can help.
More from Twin Lakes Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
A used Jeep® Grand Cherokee is a great addition to any driveway, and our team here at Twin Lakes Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM will match you with the right one every time. We’re sharing all the benefits of purchasing a pre-owned vehicle, and all the best ways to keep your car reliable and safe for…
The Jeep® Renegade is a sporty and tough-driving small SUV that just can’t be beaten. It’s equipped with the latest in performance and off-road driving features for any terrain or environment. The experts at Twin Lakes Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM in Monticello are here to explore the performance features of the 2022 Jeep Renegade. 2022…
Are you looking to add an electric vehicle charging station to your home? Here at Twin Lakes Chrysler Dodge Jeep® RAM, we believe the transition to alternative energy vehicle ownership should be easy. That’s why we’re sharing all you need to know about installing a home EV charging station, so you can take your next…